Debra Darvickenhance your now in word and image
The 54 stories in This Jewish Life are told by those who have been transformed by Judaism’s strengths: ritual, community, healing, celebration and the influence of the Divine.
Award-winning journalist Debra B. Darvick brings together inspiring moments within the framework of Jewish life cycle events, holidays and ceremonies.
This Jewish Life is for:
- Readers with an interest in the
- rhythms of Jewish life
- Synagogue book clubs
- Those teaching and attending conversion classes
- A unique bar or bat mitzvah git
- Family members whose loved ones have chosen Judaism
- Anyone, simply anyone, who enjoys a good story
Debra Darvick’s, We Are Jewish Faces, celebrates Jewish racial
diversity with charm and enthusiasm, putting to rest worn-out stereotypes of
what a “Jewish face” looks like.
The simple rhyming text, highlighted by vibrant images of Jew kids and adults exuberantly engaged in life, has made We Are Jewish Faces the go-to book for parents and kids aged 2 – 5.