- 2 cups plant milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extrtact (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- A dash of ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan, stir until well combined and cook over medium heat until hot (about 3-5 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately or keep the leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or microwave until warm enough.
- You can make this recipe with almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk ,or even coconut milk instead of soy milk.
- Although sweetener is optional and you don’t have to incorporate it to your golden milk, it will taste better if you do.
- Feel free to use any kind of sweetener.
- Ground black pepper enhances turmeric’s properties and absorption, but you can omit it if you don’t like how it tastes.
- Incorporate, change, or replace all the spices you want. (Debra here. I don’t now why you’d want to do this but I’m including the author’s comments.)
- I’d recommend you make your own vanilla extract at home, as it’s healthier and more affordable.
- I used ground cinnamon, although you could also use a cinnamon stick instead. Just remember to remove it before serving.
Disclaimer: This recipe is for enjoyment, not to diagnose or in any other way offer as treatment for a medical condition.